”Arizona, do you think your day is too busy for a workout? What about 10 minutes? This week's article gives examples of how you can get a great workout in 10 minutes. We hope you find this helpful and motivating!
Reading time: 6 Minutes
- Learn ten full body 10 minute workouts
- Get fit by doing a little exercise everyday
- Any exercise is better than no exercise. Even 10 minute workouts can be effective.
- Bodyweight workouts are still an effective way to exercise.
- Below you will find a variety of 10 minute workouts that can be adjusted to your current fitness ability.
10-Minute As Many Reps As Possible: • 5 Push-Ups • 10 Squats • 16 Plank Taps • 20 Jumping Jacks Rest 45 seconds
2. This four-move workout will leave you breathless.
Repeat 4x: • Squats — 30 seconds • Knee Pushups — 30 seconds • V-Ups — 30 seconds • Mountain Climbers — 30 seconds Rest — 30 seconds
Squats + push-ups + v-ups + mountain climbers = major sweat. Get the workout details here.
3. If you’ve got zero extra minutes to rinse off afterward, this no-sweat strength workout is a great option.
Do each move for 2 minutes. Rest 30 seconds between exercises. • Bodyweight Squats • Pushups • Plank With T-Rotation (switch sides after 1 minute) • Alternating Standing Oblique Crunches
Not every workout needs to leave you drenched in sweat. Get the workout details here to learn how to do each move appropriately, if you need some guidance.
4. Jumpstart your day with this cardio blast.
For beginners, do each move for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds between moves. For intermediate, 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off. And to make it advanced, do each move for 50 seconds, rest for 10 seconds between moves.
Repeat 2x: • Mock Jumping Rope • Burpee With Push-Up • Squat Jump • Plank Taps • Jumping Lunge
Tailor this workout to your fitness level or based on how you’re feeling on any given day—some days, the high-intensity option might be the move, and other days not so much.
5. This no-equipment circuit workout challenges you to work harder in order to earn extra recovery time between sets.
For each circuit in this 10-minute workout, you have 2 minutes to complete the following moves. Use the remaining time left over for rest until the 2 minutes are up, and then do the circuit over again.
Repeat 5x: • 5 Burpees • 10 Pushups • 15 Plank Jacks • 20 Jump Squats Rest
Your rest time depends on how quickly you complete the four exercises in these two-minute circuits. Get the workout details here.
6. The burpee challenge in this short workout seriously ups the intensity level.
This ladder workout increases the reps of each move with each circuit—so you start with 1 rep of the main moves in circuit one (the first minute); 2 reps per move in the second minute; 3 reps per move in the third minute; and so on. For the remainder of the time after you complete your reps, you do as many burpees as possible. Whew!
0:00 — 1:00 • 1 Dumbell Thruster • 1 Jumping Lunge • 1 V-Up Then do as many burpees as possible for the remainder of the minute
1:00 — 2:00 • 2 Dumbbell Thrusters • 2 Jumping Lunges • 2 V-Ups Then do as many burpees as possible for the remainder of the minute
• 2:00 — 10:00 Continue increasing the rep count for the first three exercises by one rep each minute until you reach 10 minutes
As many burpees as possible? Challenge accepted. Get all the dirty work out details here.
7. This total-body strength workout will power up your week.
10-Minute AMRAP: • 8 Squat Thrusts • 8 Squat Jumps • 8 Reverse Lunges with Twists • 8 Tricep Dips • 8 Bent-Over Rows Rest for 1 minute
This heart-pumping workout will leave you feeling energized and sweaty. Get the workout details here.
8. Squeeze this morning workout in before breakfast to get it out of the way on a busy day.
• Dynamic Stretches — 1-minute warmup
Repeat 3x • Push-Ups — 1 minute • Plank Hold — 1 minute • Squats — 1 minute
9. You only need to think about two moves in this workout, so you can focus all of your mental energy on crushing it.
Repeat 5x: • Push-Ups — 30 seconds Rest — 30 seconds • Squat Jumps — 30 seconds Rest — 30 seconds
10. This routine only has three moves but it is seriously tough.
Repeat 3x: • 20 Goblet Squats • 15 Reverse Woodchops (15 on both sides) • 10 Burpees With Strict Pushups Rest 1 Minute
More about the Expert:
Alexa Tucker is a freelance writer and editor based in Denver, Colorado. She covers all things health and wellness including fitness, nutrition, and general health, as well as travel, beauty, and lifestyle. Alexa received her bachelor’s degree in journalism from the renowned Missouri School of Journalism, and her digital work has since been published by SELF, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, mindbodygreen, Well+Good, New York Magazine’s The Strategist, and many more.